Nainital is one the popular hill stations of India with its location based in the state of Uttarakhand. It is the headquarters of the Nainital district on the foothills of Kumaon region of outer Himalayas. It lies 6,837 feet above the sea level as a valley comprising of a lake in the shape of a pear that has a circumference of 2 miles. This lake is guarded by the mountain ranges among which the highest is the ‘Naina’ mountain (standing 8,569 feet high) occupying the northern side, the ‘Ayarpatha’ mountain (at 7,747 feet height) guarding the southern side and the ‘Deopatha’ mountain (7,999 feet high) on the western front. The peaks of these mountains provide a spectacular view of the northern ridges and the plains of the southern side.
Namaste India Trip offers lucrative offers through its Uttarakhand Tour Packages, Honeymoon in Nainital, Corbett weekend package, Nainital tours etc for those travellers interested in touring this amazing landscape. Our packages guarantee that you will have everything that you would want in your trip. Reasonably priced, our Nainital packages are ideal for honeymooners as well as nature-lovers and others who want a break from the heat and their boring lives.
Among the places to visit in Nainital, the following will are the famous tourists spots:
- The Nainital Lake, also known as the Naini Lake owing to which the place earned the name, holds a spectacular view of the region.
- The Governor’s House or the Raj Bhavan, earlier called the Government House is another tourist-engaging place.
- The Naina Devi Temple is for those with religious sentiments. It is on the northern side of the Naini Lake. Maa Naina is the deity worshipped here.
- Snow View is located at 7,450 feet above the sea level it offers a picturesque view of the landscape. You can reach this place through cable car (with charges per person).
- The Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo is among the high altitude zoos situated in India.
Our packages will cover all your requirements in your wondrous travel to Nainital.